Green Tea's wedding 198

Friday, August 16, 2013

Surviving vacation! Mason's Adventures!


Just came back from a camping trip with the family which was comprised of our 3 children, my little cousin, & our kid's half-sister (Tron's ex wife's daughter). Had me thinking, do I really want to have a huge family lol. Overall, it wasn't that bad....except for getting bit by a bug or two ... We had a great time!  Moments here & there...but overall the kids had fun, with the exception of Belle, who feels she is beyond camping trips, unless her boyfriend is invited. Would you believe that she asked if her "boyfriend" could go with us? Lawd, on one hand I was like that chick crazy, lol while on the other hand, had to admire her guts for even asking. 

Anyways...Since being a part of a big family, I'm getting better at the concept of saving money and having fun. Our entire camping trip/vacation cost maybe $600 (food and activities included)  in comparison to a 3k cruise. Everything we needed was at the campsite:) pool, basketball court, volleyball, hopskotch, waterslide, etc. We cooked our food over the campfire :) pancakes, eggs, bacon,grilled cheese, tacos, quesadillas, corn, popcorn, marshmallows, smores,etc. Made it happen! Creativity saves money and a little planning goes a long way.

In addition, to that we sowed into my husbands ex-wife's life and my little cousins life....which brings me joy:) One of my dreams was to have their little sister and their mom to go on vacation together. This year we got the sister. :) who knows, maybe one day the mom will come too. It's a start. Plus, above all, love conquers all and my husband and I will continue to show the love of God thru our giving. After all, that's what it all about:) 
Check out some pics :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment