Green Tea's wedding 198

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

How to use Memories from your relationships to your advantage!

 I can say that the past week has been like a roller coaster....so much so that last week slipped without me writing my weekly IAMNEWLYWED post....so here it goes. Forgive me. It's late, but it's here.

Throughout the chaos of dealing with my children and their attitudes and repeating myself over and over, I found that during my drives to and from teaching exercise classes, I would break into little giggles. I found myself smiling here and there.

Memories. 

I began smiling and laughing at the memories my husband and I created before we were married and during our first years of marriage. In the chaos, I used my mind to time travel and remember the joys in our union....in getting to know one another. Instead of continuously focusing on the kids and what they were and or were not during....I switched gears.

-Riding a bike over the San Franisco Golden Gate Bridge....a tour that was supposed to take 1 hr took 3 hrs.... then we attended a play later that evening...I couldn't even walk because of the bike ride (pre-inshape days lol).

-Taking a flight to Las Vegas  a day early (in the wee hours in the morn) because it saved money...not realizing how tired we'd be...we  ordered wings and sat and played scrabble at the bar lol. I think i fell asleep.

- Biking 24 miles and having lunch

-Going to see Prince in NJ and at the end we walked an hour in the cold because we couldn't find the car lol. It's funny now but it wasn't funny then.

-Doing Ziplines together...I almost didn't make it lol I was scared.....but my boo had my back!

Memories.

I could go on and on and on. I have realized that what we choose to focus on, expands. When I choose to focus on great memories, there was a reservoir of joy and happiness that overtook the frustration that I was feeling.

I keep my memories as they are silver linings for trying situations. I encourage you to use your memories and share them with your mate and  rehash them. Sometimes stuff gets difficult but its nothing like remembering the foundation and love that you have for one another.




No comments:

Post a Comment