Green Tea's wedding 198

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Do You Really Have to Grow Up?!


I'm tired. As I sit here and rest my eyes in between thoughts, I peer over at my little one. I have a 7 month old child who came from my womb.  Wow. I'm still amazed at her existence. Her little body...well, her getting thick, little body. lol. It's amazing. My amazement is due in part because she is a verbal & spirtual prayer that has manifested.  I'm so glad that I documented each phase. I wrote poems about her back in 2002. I have clothing that I purchased from garage sells when I was in faith for a child
that she now wears (peep the bathing suit tacked on the wall).  I have vision boards and all that. It's utterly amazing.  I knew the day would come, but it just doesn't compare to the reality that I am living.  Now I find myself just trying to hold on to every moment that I can. I guess that's why I'm writing this as a way to come to terms that my baby is steadily developing and growing.  It seems like only yesterday I was pregnant, and now we're slowly headed towards celebrating a 1 yr old.  Time is moving too fast and I don't know what to do with time and it's continual progress. What do you do when your dream and or vision starts to grow up. What do you do when you know you're trying to hold on, when you should be letting go and transitioning/welcoming the next phase. So I'm here. Sitting and watching her sleep. Holding on to these moments and working at transitioning to the next phase. I'm wondering if this "holding on" is representative of other areas in my life where I need to transition certain things and let go.





No comments:

Post a Comment